at a treatment?
I use questioning, careful observation and palpation to determine a person’s imbalances and then create an individual treatment plan using selected acupuncture points and techniques to address those imbalances.
- At the first consultation, a full medical history is taken to gain an overall picture of a person’s physical, mental and emotional state. Information about lifestyle, diet and how illness may be affecting the quality of life is also taken.
- Everything from posture, how a person moves, to their voice, eyes, nails and complexion is considered and may be noted.
- Tongue diagnosis: the colour, coating, shape, size, moisture and movement of the tongue are all examined as this gives an assessment of the body’s internal health.
- The pulses are felt on both wrists and an assessment of up to 28 different pulse qualities is carried out. The strength, depth, rhythm and rate of the pulses are all given consideration in order to help identify any imbalance and disharmony.
- Relevant areas of the body may be gently palpated or examined in order to determine any muscular tension and/or assess painful areas.
From this information a treatment plan will be formulated and a
treatment given which in addition to needling, may include additional Chinese Medicine techniques.